Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Falling Down the Rabbit Hole...

Well, I was surfing the internet for inspiration and here's what I found.

It all started when I actually checked my spam folder this morning and noticed an interesting mass mailing about an art feature. A link on it led me to Behance, a creative network for design professionals. It had these great features and interviews with various designers around the world and provides a place for people to share ideas and network to actually "make ideas happen."

From there, I clicked on links for these two magazines.

Rojo (left) promotes the arts in Barcelona and Sao Paulo. It's full page images of art are great for finding inspiration!

Theme (right) is a lifestyle magazine that focuses on contemporary Asian culture. It's online site is beautiful and their take on design is refreshing. Each issue revolves around a single theme...for example, this months issue titled "I Want" includes editorial on "Scrumptious Product Designs" (definitely check out these photos!) and interviews with Naoto Fukasawa and Tobias Wong.

And then I found myself surfing the Wooster Collective blog which I think I got to from the Theme site. The Wooster Collective is based in New York City but their site features street art from around the world.

No comments: